The most environmentally vital portion of your car is the catalytic converter. It is responsible for turning hazardous emissions into harmless and environmentally friendly ones. However, it directly impacts both your vehicle’s engine and the environment when it fails.
If your catalytic converter has failed and you are looking forward to changing it, you should not replace it without first cleaning it. Fortunately, catalytic cleaners like a Cataclean can help you solve this problem.
You want to learn how to use a cataclean catalytic converter cleaner?
You put the cataclean straight into the gasoline tank. Alternatively, in some cars, you put it in the oil reservoir. Putting the cataclean in the gasoline tank or reservoir helps remove excess carbon build-ups from the fuel, exhaust, and catalytic converter.
Do you want to learn more about using the cataclean?
How Long Does Cataclean Take To Work?
After pouring the Cataclean into your gas tank, all you have to do now is to drive for 30mins to 1hour at a reasonable speed. It will allow the cataclean to enter your vehicle’s components.
Driving at an average speed of around 40 miles per hour will take your cataclean around 30 minutes to work.
If your onboard computer has error codes, clear them after driving the car.
Where Do You Pour Cataclean?
Primarily, cataclean is put in the fuel tank. Once you have your bottle of cataclean, remove the seal and then empty its contents in the fuel tank. After that, you can now drive your car for about 15 minutes.
It is important to note that you will need one 450ml bottle of cataclean to use in about 15 liters of fuel.
When To Use Cataclean Catalytic Converter Cleaner?
A catalytic converter cleaner cleans the exhaust system by removing carbon and other deposits. It is best to apply Cataclean Cleaner when you discover difficulties with your car’s emissions or any of its components related to the exhaust.
Here are some other signs to check out and determine if you should use a cataclean;
- If the check engine light is illuminated and you notice problems caused by the catalytic converter, it is a sign that something is amiss.
- A faulty catalytic converter could cause your car to fail an emission test.
- There are various reasons for poor fuel efficiency, but one common symptom is hard starting, which means that nothing occurs when you turn on the ignition or that you have to keep turning it on for a long time before the engine starts.
- When your car’s performance reduces drastically for no apparent reason other than natural wear and tear, it could indicate a problem with your exhaust system, especially if it smells like rotten eggs!
- If your exhaust system and catalytic converter are not working correctly, Cataclean should be used to fix the problem.
How to Use a Catalytic Converter Cleaner (Cataclean)
If you just purchased a bottle of cataclean and want to use it, you can do it by yourself because it is simple to use, and you will not need any expertise.
Using this product will restore your vehicle’s performance. It is also very effective and will start working after 20 minutes of emptying a can of cataclean in your car’s fuel tank.
Here are very simple steps to using a catalclean;
- Read all given the instructions carefully. You must read the directions prior to using Cataclean to understand what is included.
- Check the level of the gas in your vehicle’s tank. If your gasoline tank is low on fuel, fill it until it reaches the desired level. However, if the tank has too much oil, ensure you first remove some before applying the Cataclean; after removing some oil, you can drive the car for some distance until the fuel level drops a little.
- Before you fill-up the car with gasoline, pour Cataclean into the fuel tank.
- Alternatively, you can pour it directly into the gasoline container.
- Only add up to 4 liters once.
- To avoid contaminating the gallon of fuel, ensure you clean all the debris and that there is no dirt close to the area where you are filling the cataclean.
- Run the engine until it is warm, then switch it off to allow the catalytic converter to first wash itself before rerunning it.
- After your catalytic converter completes the whole cycle, you can now refuel the car and restart it.
Please remember that it is advisable only to add cataclean to the gasoline tank once the engine has warmed up. You should also ensure you put the cataclean when the fuel container is almost full or full before filling it with gas.
Additionally, before restarting the engine, ensure you that your car’s catalytic converter has finished its cycle.
It will free up the catalytic converter to separate and convert emissions to less harmful by removing excessive carbon build-up and improving your car’s performance.
Cataclean Catalytic Converter Cleaner Pros?
Some of the advantages of utilizing Cataclean include;
The cataclean protects catalytic converter
Removing undesirable deposits can help protect the clogging of your vehicle’s engine. It helps dissolve and eliminate any building of carbon and any petroleum residues that may clog around the exhaust system.
Additionally, it ensures that the catalytic converter always stays clean and prevents further difficulties. Most significantly, it will safeguard the engine of your vehicle.
Cataclean is a highly safe product to use
When cleaning and fixing your car, cataclean won’t cause any damage to your engine or your vehicle. It is a non-toxic, biodegradable, and environmentally friendly substance that anyone may apply to preserve their vehicle’s engine.
Ideal for gasoline and diesel engines
Using cataclean is safe in all cars, including gas and diesel engines. Regarding your car’s engine, cataclean will perform well without producing any issues.
Several products on the market are used to eliminate oil deposits and residues of gasoline from your car; however, Cataclean stands out since it is incredibly effective.
Simple to apply and use
Cataclean is easy to use since you do not need any special skills or any additional care to ensure that it cleans your car’s converter adequately.
The product can be sprayed straight into your car’s engine or placed in the vehicle’s fuel tank. After applying, it will operate at its best to clean and protect the engine from any problems.
Cataclean vouched by car experts and professionals
Many customers trust this product because it cleans and improves the engine’s performance.
It will keep your vehicle operating smoothly for a long time, allowing you to drive it for more extended periods without fear of it breaking down.
On How to Use Cataclean Catalytic Converter Cleaner
Using a cataclean to clean your catalytic converter is a simple procedure that you should perform at least twice a year, regardless of the age or mileage of your car.
Your catalytic converter and its other components should have a long and productive life span as long as carbon deposits inside your fuel system are kept at bay.
This article has highlighted steps on how to use a catalytic converter cleaner. As discussed, it is crucial that you first learn to use it. It is best to understand that you can’t get excellent results unless you know the basic of using the cataclean.
Hi I’m Marshall based in 1478 Doctors Drive Santa Monica, CA. I’m your DIY Car Repairman with more than 5 years experience in automobile repair, a skill I learned from my old man.
I started this blog to share my experience on both simple and technical aspects of your car.