Most new ford cars come with the option for remote start, which allows you to start your car from a distance using a key fob or smartphone app.
This can be handy in a variety of situations, such as when you’re trying to defrost your windshield on a cold morning or if you want to cool down your car before getting in on a hot day.
Some remote start systems even allow you to control features like the climate control and stereo, so you can have everything just the way you want it by the time you get to your car. (Remember that climate control uses settings you last selected before turning off the vehicle)
Most people often ask, how do I know if my ford has remote start? Your ford has a remote start if the key fob has a button written x2 encircled by a circular like curved arrow.
How Do I Know if My Ford Has Remote Start?
Like I mentioned above, your ford has a remote start if the key fob has a button written x2 encircled by a circular like curved arrow.
Another way to help you know whether your Chevy Silverado or any ford car has remote start is to start the car remotely. Here’s how you can do it:
First you need to press the lock button in order to lock all the doors.
- The second step requires you to press the “x2” button on your key fob
- The car should flash twice
- If the vehicle it’s equipped with remote start, the engine will start and you will be alerted through the horn sound.
How to Use Ford Remote Start
If your Ford vehicle is equipped with remote start, you can use it to start the engine from outside the vehicle. This can be handy on cold mornings or hot days, allowing you to warm up the car or cool it down before getting in. Here’s how to use Ford remote start.
- Make sure the vehicle is in Park and the parking brake is engaged.
- Press and hold the remote start button for two seconds. The engine will start and run for 10 minutes.
- To turn off the engine, press the remote start button again or turn the key to the On position and then back to Off.
You can also use Ford remote start to activate the heated seats, if your vehicle is so equipped. Just press and hold the appropriate button on the remote for two seconds. The seats will stay on for 10 minutes or until you turn them off.
You can also activate the climate control system using Ford remote start. Press and hold the fan speed up button or temperature up button for two seconds. The system will stay on for 10 minutes or until you turn it off.
Ford remote start is a handy feature that can make your life a little easier. Be sure to read your vehicle’s owner’s manual to learn more about its capabilities and how to use it properly.
Using Ford Remote Start App
If you have a Ford vehicle with remote start, you can use the Ford Remote Start App to start and stop your engine from anywhere.
Just download the app and follow the instructions. You’ll be able to start your car with just a few taps on your smartphone.
With the Ford Remote Start App, you can:
- Start your engine from up to 300 feet away
- Lock and unlock your doors
- Locate your vehicle in a crowded parking lot
- Activate the panic alarm if needed
The Ford Remote Start App is free to download for both iOS and Android devices. Get it today and make life easier.
One thing to keep in mind, however, is that the Ford Remote Start App is not without its quirks. Here are a few things to keep in mind when using the app:
- The app may not work if your phone isn’t connected to the internet. In order for the app to communicate with your vehicle, it needs an active internet connection. If you’re not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data, the app will simply not work.
- The app may not work if your vehicle is not in range. In order for the app to start your vehicle, it needs to be within a certain range. If you’re too far away from your car, the app won’t be able to reach it.
- The app may not work if your battery is low. If your phone’s battery is running low, the app may not be able to communicate with your car. Make sure to keep your phone charged up before using the app.
- The app may not work if there’s something blocking the signal. If there are any obstacles between your phone and your car, the signal may be blocked. This includes things like buildings, trees, and even other cars.
- The app may not work if your vehicle is in motion. The app is designed to start your car when it’s parked and turned off. If you try to use the app while your car is moving, it probably won’t work.
Despite these quirks, the Ford Remote Start App is a great tool for anyone with a Ford vehicle equipped with remote start. It’s a convenient way to make sure your car is always ready to go, no matter where you are.
Benefits of Ford Remote Start
There are plenty of reasons to invest in a remote start for your car. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- You can warm up your car before you even get in it. No more shivering in the cold while you wait for the heat to kick in.
- You can cool down your car on hot summer days before you even get in it. No more sweating through your clothes when you get into a scorching-hot car.
- You can start your car from inside your house or office, so you don’t have to go out in bad weather if you don’t want to.
- You can set your car’s climate control to the perfect temperature before you even get in it, so you’ll be comfortable the moment you step inside. (Remember that climate control uses settings you last selected before turning off the vehicle)
- You can use your remote start to activate your car alarm, so you can be sure your car is secure even if you’re not around it.
- You can find out if your car has been tampered with while you were away from it, as most remote start systems will sound the alarm if someone tries to break into your car.
- You can impress your friends and family with your cool new gadget.
Hi I’m Marshall based in 1478 Doctors Drive Santa Monica, CA. I’m your DIY Car Repairman with more than 5 years experience in automobile repair, a skill I learned from my old man.
I started this blog to share my experience on both simple and technical aspects of your car.